The best way to give a car a new look is to indulge in car spray painting. If the mechanics are in good shape, painting the body of
a car is a great makeover. It is also a great money saver by doing it yourself instead of having it done professionally. But it is
important to learn the basics and follow the instructions for car spray painting and see it through until it is finished. The result
afterwards is very rewarding and satisfying.
Before getting into the steps, make sure to find a suitable place to do this. A place with ventilation, minimal dust, good lighting,
electricity and room to work around the vehicle are things to consider. After finding the perfect place, gather all the supplies needed such as paint sprayer, paint, safety equipment, sandpaper, coverings to protect the unpainted areas, masking tape, etc.
Here are the basic steps:
1) Wash the car thoroughly. Remove all grime and debris or else it will be set in with the paint.
2) Remove rough spots using sandpaper. Make sure to rinse off any of the loose sandings. Follow up with wax or grease remover so the paint use will adhere properly.
3) Let the car dry up and cover the areas not to be painted including glass, door handles, etc.
4) Apply the primer to the surface with a corrosion resistant and allow the primer to dry up thoroughly.
5) Sand all primed surfaces smooth and be careful not to sand too far and exposing the metal.
6) Clean the surface after priming. Sand it using a wax and grease remover.
7) Spray the paint on the car. Only apply thin coats.
8 ) Allow the paint to dry.
It is done. Clean up, step back and admire your masterpiece. This task will require time, patience and commitment but in the end, it is worth it.